Birth Control Options
In the last decade, the available methods of birth control have multiplied significantly. Some (not all) of the available contraception choices available are:
Hormonal Intrauterine Device (IUD)
What factors should you consider when choosing a family planning or birth control method?
This is an important question your OB/GYN can help you think through. How often you have sex, your health, and whether or not you want children all play a role in which form of birth control you choose as well as these listed below:
- How effective are the different methods?
- Can you make the method part of your daily routine?
- Would you prefer contraception that you don’t have to remember every day?
- Are you comfortable inserting contraceptives?
- Do you mind if your periods change?
- Do you smoke?
- Are you overweight?
- Can I use hormonal contraceptives?
- What if you can’t use contraceptives that contain estrogen?
- Are you taking medicines for other are there other conditions to consider?
- Do you want to get pregnant in the near future?
Once you know the answers to these questions, your choice of contraception will be much easier to make. If you have questions about contraception, call today and make an appointment with one of our physicians to talk over the options that would be right for you.
Related Blog Posts
You’ve spent months getting ready for the big day. Amongst the to-do lists should be a trip to your gynecologist. There are some important questions to ask your gynecologist before the nuptials. Questions to Ask Your Gynecologist Before the Big Day Whether you’ve been...
Birth control shouldn’t make you feel sick or uncomfortable. Thankfully, there are many different types of hormonal birth control, so you have options. If you have side effects after using the pill for three months, talk with your health care provider about trying...
Many men and women have paved the way for modern gynecology. Dr. Marie Stopes, our person of influence in gynecology, is one. Dr. Marie Stopes Dr. Marie Stopes, 1880-1958, was a distinguished academic scientist and the youngest Doctor of Science in Britain at that...